KOTA BHARU – ‘Gulai ayam cincang’, ‘nasi kukus’, ‘daging kerutuk’, ‘gulai kawah’ and ‘gulai darat’ are delectable Kelantan dishes which have discovered their manner into the hearts of many Malaysians.
The distinctive style of the dishes will be attributed to the spices used within the elements which have been offered for generations by merchants notably at Pasar Siti Khadijah, right here.
One such dealer is Sultan Kabeer Abdul Kader who owns Kedai Rempah Abe Kabie. The 65-year-old entrepreneur informed Bernama that he took over the enterprise that his father began within the Sixties on the outdated Kota Bharu Municipal Council market (Arked MPKB).
He mentioned after his father handed away in 1985, he carried on his legacy at Pasar Siti Khadijah, including that his third son, Muhd Firdaus, 31, is now aiding him to run the enterprise.
Sultan Kabeer mentioned at present Kedai Rempah Abe Kabie produces over 30 spices based mostly on the recipes that he inherited from his late father.
“We produce varied spices utilized in common Kelantan dishes corresponding to ‘gulai ayam cincang’, hen and mutton kuzi and fried hen for steamed rice (nasi kukus). We additionally supply spices to make ‘nasi khao mok’, ‘nasi mandy’, ‘nasi beriani’, grilled fish, ‘roti john’, kebab, gravy for ‘nasi dagang’ and ‘nasi daging utara’,” he mentioned.
“…coriander seeds, cumin seeds, aniseed, black pepper, cinnamon and others are bought from Penang and Kuala Lumpur. I combine the spices in line with the sorts of dishes for the Kelantanese palate earlier than sending them to be floor at a mill within the Kota Bharu space,” he mentioned.
The daddy of 4 additionally advises clients on the very best technique to make use of the spices of their recipes to make sure that the dishes are completely cooked.
In the meantime, in line with Muhd Firdaus, they’ve greater than 50 loyal clients who additionally embrace sellers of the favored breakfast meals ‘nasi berlauk’ (rice with fish and gravy) in Kelantan along with marriage ceremony caterers and Kelantanese who’re residing in different states.
Muhd Firdaus mentioned he’s increasing the enterprise utilizing social media.
“At the moment 90 per cent of our clients are shopping for immediately from the shop, the remaining 10 per cent submit their orders by way of WhatsApp and social media,” he added. – BERNAMA