Discover a brand new choice of candy choices at The Lounge at 4 Seasons Resort Kuala Lumpur. Led by the daring imaginative and prescient and progressive artistry of Government Pastry Chef Yann Roumanille, the crew presents all-new dessert experiences, together with an elevated Afternoon Tea and a reimagined menu of pastries and truffles.
With a profession spanning conventional French patisseries, Michelin-starred eating places and grand metropolis motels, Chef Yann now brings his famed “borderless” desserts to The Lounge. As he explains, “Our new creations mix international inspirations with native flavours. This manner, worldwide guests can expertise the colourful tastes of Malaysia, whereas our native company can take pleasure in world-class pastries that showcase staple components in an entire new gentle.”
Debut of New Afternoon Tea
The newly crafted menu incorporates a line-up of exceptional candy treats, greatest loved over a leisurely afternoon with household or mates. Savour the Mille-Feuille, an iconic French pastry reinvented witha mango-and-coconut twist, and the Frangipane Tart, a tasty composition of raspberry mouse and frangipani almond cream cake infused with pandan.
Taking inspiration from the famed honeybees of Bar Trigona, the Bee Amandier catches the attention with its sunny yellow exterior, encasing a tantalizing mix of almond cake, trigona honey and white chocolate. The Chocolate Brownies, too, boast a Malaysian aptitude, with the fruity notes of MK2 pineapple harmonizing delightfully with chocolate ganache and walnut.
The Macaroons, an all-time favorite in France, are available two progressive flavours — Teh Tarik (a signature drink at The Lounge) and caramel praline (handcrafted with hazelnuts). Additionally value a point out are the Traditional Scones, a British teatime traditional, served with clotted cream, rose water butter and mango jam.
On the savoury aspect, uncover a sensational interaction of textures and tastes, incorporating flavours from across the globe. Pattern the Smoked Brisket, elevated with beef bacon jam, white barbecue sauce and yellow chive chiffonade, and the Konbi Egg Sando, a Japanese-inspired sandwich with Kewpie mayonnaise and togarashi mustard seeds. The Coronation Shrimp is accompanied by Masam Curry Yoghurt, whereas the Caramel Chestnut Hen options shocking touches resembling fig vinegar and dried cherries.
Channelling a glamorous but playful vibe, the brand new Afternoon Tea is strikingly arrayed on a pristine white marble stand accented with rose gold fixtures — a classy reflection of The Lounge’s modern interiors. Showcasing legendary 4 Seasons consideration to element, the carefully-determined top of the tea stand permits company to see one another and converse effortlessly throughout the desk.
Afternoon Tea is accessible at The Lounge from 3:00 to five:30 pm, at MYR 222 per particular person.
Particular person Pastries and Desserts
Marking an thrilling new chapter, The Lounge unveils a repertoire of pastries, small truffles, brownies and baked treats.
- Ispahan Rose – Intricately embellished with hand-piping, this delicate rose-shaped pastry embodies a aromatic mix of rose, lychee and raspberry.
- Concord – Paying homage to the totally different textures of chocolate, this elegant creation is layered with chocolate creme, crispy crumble and glaze.
- Brownies and Baked Treats – For a lightweight chew, select from an assortment of brownies and freshly baked goodies such because the Black Truffle Croissant, Cinnamon Kouign-Amann, and Bio Ache Au Chocolate with Hazelnut.
Good as centrepieces for social celebrations and elite gatherings, The Lounge’s newly unveiled truffles are crafted with the best components from Malaysia and past. Highlights embody:
- Malaysia Inexperienced Forest – Impressed by the standard Black Forest truffles of Germany, Chef Yann brings this distinctive cake to life in vibrant tropical colors — inexperienced, yellow and white. Pandan sponge, banana compote and coconut Chantilly come collectively on this splendid creation, topped with lush chocolate leaves.
- Ispahan Rose – This lovely pink-hued cake is stuffed with aromatic flavours resembling rose, lychee and raspberry. The fragile exterior is crafted by means of a strategy of hand-piping.
Meet Chef Yann
Hailing from the Provence area in France, Government Pastry Chef Yann Roumanille has honed his craft in conventional patisseries, Michelin-starred eating places and grand metropolis motels from Paris to Taipei. He’s identified for developing “borderless” dessert experiences, drawing on various culinary components to have interaction and delight the palates of each native and worldwide company. Every creation by Chef Yann displays his ardour for high-quality components and his perception in attaining simplicity by means of complexity.